Monday, November 17, 2014

Autumn Table for 8

The finished table for 8.

From the beginning:
Step 1 - For all of my table settings, I use a folding 30" by 96" table as my base. This is a fairly typical size used by rental venues and caterers that allows for roomy seating of eight diners, with easy accommodation of up to 10 if you seat people on the end caps.
I bought my lovely folding table at www.bizchair.com. (I have no affiliate relationship with them.)

I covered the table with an ivory 60" by 120" tablecloth (new, 100% polyester, stain and wrinkle resistant). I'm not one for a lot of draping over the side. It seems to me that this is just inviting mishaps with the tablecloth getting caught as a chair is scooted in.



Then I added a amber/golden dots table runner (new).



Up next are amber glass dinner plates that add a punch of warm color.



Here's a close up of the amber glass dinner plates. I love how the glass pattern shows against the ivory tablecloth. These plates have no maker's mark that I could find. Theses plates measure approximately 10" across. I haven't done any research about the possible manufacturer or dates of these plates.
Amber glass dinner plate.

Next, to pop against that amber hue, I added eight royal blue Furio 8" plates. These plates are contemporary and made in Italy.

The Furio plates and their maker's mark.


Next comes some lovely Impromptu by Iroquois by Ben Seibel vintage 6.5" bread and butter plates. This pattern appears similar to 'Pyramids' as seen in this link to www.replacements.com (one of my absolute favorite sites for buying one or two missing pieces to fill out a set - I have no affiliate relationship with them). For this specific pattern, check out this link.
Except their photos of pyramids is blue/gray and this set is a warm yellow/orange. According to replacements.com, the manufacturer produced the blue/gray pattern from 1957 to 1970 and these definitely have a late 1950s vibe to them.
Wikipedia (use with caution) has a history of the Iroquois China Company here. According to the Wikipedia entry, Ben Seibel designed his lines starting in the 1950s.





Then drinking ware: lovely, unmarked wine glasses with a lovely textured detail at the top of the stem and the cup and saucer of the same vintage Impromptu by Iroquis, Pyramids gold/orange set:





Next comes the finishing touches.


International Silver gold electroplate flatware set - pattern believed to be Golden Rose Tiara (link). What do you think?:

Napkins - 100% cotton, contemporary from Kohl's.
Two 7.5" brass candle holders, marked Brass Gallery Originals on green felt bottom.:


Blue glass art candle holder:

Impromptu by Iroquois, mustard/orange Pyramids salt & pepper shakers.


And, of course, the candles.


Viola, if someone brings the food, we're ready for a dinner party for eight.

Are you interested in buying this set?
Check out the ebay auction here:

There are several extra pieces of the flatware included - ie, soup spoons, serving pieces.

Thanks for scrolling through. Someday I'm going to figure out how to install the share buttons and then you can share your vintage tablescape love with the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment